I have been reminded in the last week how great and how good God is. And that no matter what the cost is of following him, it's worth it! I am so thankful for His patience.
One of the other things I am so thankful for and brightens my day and week are the opportunities I have to speak with my nieces and nephew (sobrinos). It's still quite difficult to understand everything my nephew tells me, but that's OK. It just brings a smile to my heart when he holds the phone to the window so that I can "see" my niece blowing bubbles and "watch" the dog eat them. J
In the last few days, and thanks to a new phone, my brother-in-law has been able to send me pictures. It's a wonderful surprise to receive the emails of the kids. And I'm thankful for them.
I am also praising God for the work He is doing in the youth group here. It's amazing to watch the changes in them. Sometimes, it can be easy to get caught up in the day to day and miss what's going on, but lately I've seen how God is doing and incredible work in their lives. In the last two weeks, a 13 year old boy named Hector who has been coming to the church for about a year chose to give his life to Christ. Praise God!! He has a lot of struggles in his life, but has made the choice to follow and rely on God. He still struggles but it is evident how God has been working in his life over the months and is working now to bring him to this point of surrender. I ask for your prayers for him. Pray that he would continue to follow Christ no matter the cost. That he would be able to keep attending church (there are some family situations that may make this difficult) and that he would grow in love and knowledge of God.
Life at time feels crazy and mundane all at the same time. But I am so thankful for the blessings God gives.
Just some of the beautiful fresh flowers I found at the local grocery store. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment