Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen Ephesians 3:20-21
Monday, June 21, 2010
...comfortably uncomfortable...
Comfortably uncomfortable. Is that possible? As a missionary I have often been in uncomfortable situations and help run groups where part of the goal is to pull people out of their comfort zones. I have found that this opens us up for God to work in our lives. When I am out of my comfort zone I must rely on God, because I have no strength or knowledge of my own to rely on. However, I have realized that I am now in many ways comfortable where I am here in Monterrey. Granted there are still many new and uncertain experiences however I am not daily pulled out of my comfort zone. Something that happened recently. I spent last week in Dallas helping out with a group there and during the week we went to help out at a soup kitchen and clothes closet of a local mission. Serving in a soup kitchen was a new experience for me, as was/is inner city Dallas. It took me out of my comfort zone. Something that in the moment I wasn't too fond of, but looking back I am glad for. I have often found myself encouraging others to get out of their comfort zones yet lately I have not willingly put myself in those situations where I do not know what should come next or what I should do. So while I was pulled out of my comfort zone last week, I pray that it might be a "comfortable" of sorts place to be. A place in which I can only rely on God for the strength, knowledge, and wisdom to continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment