I just spent about an hour watching the youth group, Amiud 24/7 of La Iglesia Biblica La Gracia (Grace Bible Church) here in Monterrey practice a drama and a choreography they are doing for a special event for Valentine's Day, here known as the day of love and friendship. Valentine's Day often has such a couple's focus, but we're hoping to present a program that speaks to the heart of true Love-the Love of God.
The choreography is being planned to the song "Creeré" by Tercer Cielo. Creeré means "I will believe" in Spanish. Go to YouTube and look it up. It's a really impactful song, I wish everyone could understand all of the words. I've heard and liked this song for sometime now, but sometimes I forget to pay attention to the words. The picture above is from a line in the song that says "Y la fe te dará fuerza de creer que vencerás." Faith will give you strength to believe that you will conquer or triumph. The whole song talks about choosing to believe in God alone when you feel down and discouraged and without strength.
Watching the youth practice tonight was a moment of seeing the belief amidst the doubts of the last few years played out. Seeing them practice something they are excited about and commited to. Watching them the last few weeks act on a passion to reach their friendship for Christ and as a group go out and look for them in a mission they have called "Rescuing Lost Souls". It is a sight that brought a smile to my heart and my face. I wish you could see it and understand. God is doing something in the lives of these kids. How humbling to be able to witness it.
No comments:
Post a Comment