Wednesday, August 25, 2010

summer recap

So I've been saying for weeks now that I need to post an update so here it goes. I know I have been rather sporadic and apparently that is a bad thing in the world of blogging, but I think this is still a culture I'm slowly adjusting to.

Speaking of adjusting to culture I found I had a lot of that to do this summer. But it was a time that was exactly what God knew I needed. A refreshing and renewing of my spirit. I spent a total of about 5 weeks in Dallas, 3 in the DR and a random 10 days home in Monterrey during the time that would normally consist of running summer groups here in Monterrey. Not at all my plan 4 months ago, but most certainly God's plan. I saw over and over again how it truly was God's plan. I saw how he wove a tapestry of events and people together to bring together in just the way that was needed. How great a God He is!


Here are some of my highlights from the summer:

Helping with VBS at apartments complexes throughout Dallas, including translating for a bunch of the little ones.


Meeting random people in Dallas from Monterrey. Wearing TIME Monterrey t-shirts proved to be a great way to strike up conversations with people. :)

My trip to the Dominican Republic (with Karen-fellow TIME Missionary)



  • The beauty of the country and people



  • Getting a chance to finally meet and get to know the staff and intern s


  • Seeing chapel built and meeting members of the community





  • Visiting Cercadillo-a secluded village ignored by the government-and seeing the work that God is doing there





  • It was a trip God used to renew my spirit in many ways and increase my faith. Praise God that "He is in charge of everything." As my wise 5 year old neice so wonderfully reminded me.

(Thanks for reading! As soon as I can figure out how to make this blog work I will add some pictures to add some color to my ramblings. )


2 comments:

  1. Jess! thanks for your update! i am so glad that i got to spend time with you in the DR. Also, i love your beautiful pictures! :) I will be praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marjorie! I am glad I got to spend time with you as well!

    ReplyDelete